| On and around the campus
- Walk briskly and confidently.
- Avoid places where there are few people. Stick to well-lit pathways and avoid dimly-lit areas.
- If you are walking at night, never walk alone. Instead, walk with a group.
- If you are staying back late at campus, ensure that you inform your family or friends of where you are and when you can be expected home.
- Do not leave valuables such as keys, phones iPads on display.
- Take your laptop with you or secure it in a locked cupboard.
- Report any unfamiliar individuals or suspicious behavior
- When using headphones remain alert to your environment.
| Library Safety
The library is virtually open public space and provides opportunities for thieves to steal your belongings while you are away from your desk.
- If you are leaving your desk, do not leave your bag unattended. Leave your belongings with a friend.
- Keep your bags and valuables in sight or in physical contact with your body.
- Should a theft or an incident occur, please report it to Security.
| Where You Live
- When travelling around the area, where possible travel with a friend
- Don’t leave external doors propped open. Check that they have locked behind you
- Don’t open the door of your home to visitors you cannot see or don’t recognise
- Advise visitors and unit mates to use the front entry where they can be seen
- Lock your door when you leave home
- Close your curtains when you are dressing or when you leave the room
- Don’t leave valuable items where they can be seen from outside
- If you receive nuisance or abusive calls, don’t speak to the caller. Hang up.
- Don’t allow any tradesperson into your home who does not show their company’s identification.
| Your Car
- Make sure doors are locked and windows are closed.
- Don’t park in a remote location.
- Don’t leave valuables in sight. Store all items in your car boot.
- Don’t leave money or valuables in the glove box.
- Never leave anything you cannot afford to lose in your car.